Tuesday, February 8, 2011

NU wrestlers emerge 1-1 after weekend competitions against Sun Devils, Cowboys

Tyler Perry
by rocor

NU wrestlers emerge 1-1 after weekend competitions against Sun Devils, Cowboys
The work of Charles Dickens is not often referenced when evaluating wrestling meets, however, this weekend did indeed seem like a tale of two teams. The up-and-down weeken…
Read more on The Daily Nebraskan

Aerosmith trip, 2007
Tyler Perry

Image by Eleventh Earl of Mar

Aerosmith trip, 2007
Tyler Perry

Image by Eleventh Earl of Mar

Aerosmith trip, 2007
Tyler Perry

Image by Eleventh Earl of Mar

RT @ImMadea: If a REAL man loves a woman, the only thing that he would ever want to change about her is her last name. -Tyler Perryby imbrittBOMb3 (brittney )

RT @ImMadea: It takes a few seconds to hurt someone, but sometimes it takes years to say sorry to them. -Tyler Perryby imbrittBOMb3 (brittney )

Tyler Perry's 'True Grits' and 'Queen's Speech' Spoof Posters http://bit.ly/gcoO2uby moviefaneric (Eric Pattinson)

Tyler Perry Trivia!
Seriously, I just hate them I don’t find any of his comedy movies funny at all. I don’t why so many black people support his awful movies when most of them have stereotypical black people in them and I’m surprised that Tyler Perry who makes these movies as a black person supports this kind of stuff.That abomination of a movie Precious in my opinion sucks too because it storyline sucks and the conclusion is even is even suckier(I know this is not a word).

Answer by Don Adriano
Yeah, I don’t understand why his movies do so well either. They all get horrible reviews. And they seem to contain everything bad you can put into a movie: clichéd plots, shallow characters, overacting, uneven tone (broad comedy mixed with maudlin drama).

I had to turn off “Madea’s Family Reunion” after about 15 minutes, and I almost never quit on a movie. Since then, I have a hard time even watching the trailers for his films.

I have read some black critics’ defense of his films, saying that they don’t contain “stereotypes” so much as cultural humor that is really specific to the experience of American blacks. Maybe that’s part of their appeal.

Obviously somebody likes his stuff because his movies always make money and he keeps on working. I’m just an uncool white guy, so I guess I’m just not the audience he’s writing for.

No comments:

Post a Comment