Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Buffalo relay center collects 437 boxes for Operation Christmas Child

Buffalo relay center collects 437 boxes for Operation Christmas Child
Tiffanie Shreve reaches for the tape, while Madonna Zander holds on to one of the packed shoeboxes Sunday afternoon at Grace Fellowship Community Church. This year 437 boxes were collected in Buffalo for Operation Christmas Child.
Read more on Buffalo Bulletin

madonna – versace spring/summer 2005
Madonna

Image by sara b. | 2010
I want to let go of all
disappointment that’s waiting for me
What I want is to live forever
Not defined by time and space
It’s a lonely place
That’s what I want

I go round and round just like a circle
I can see a clearer picture
When I touch the ground I come full circle
To my place and I am home
I am home

(madonna – easy ride)

Impatiens sodenii ‘Madonna’ #2
Madonna

Image by J.G. in S.F.
Best viewed @ large size

Balsaminaceae – Tropical E. Africa
Syn. Impatiens oliveri
Oliver’s Snapweed, Poor Man’s Rhododendron
Shown: Detail of flower bud
Impatiens sodenii is an evergreen perennial that blooms throughout the year in the immediate coastal climate of California; killed to the ground by a frost, it will regrow if frost is not too severe; can reach 2.5 m tall; flowers to 7.5 cm wide; flowers of the type are pink/lavender. White cultivar ‘Madonna’ available from Annie’s Annuals:
www.anniesannuals.com/

"Impatiens (pronounced /ɪmˈpeɪʃənz/)[1] is a genus of about 850–1,000 species of flowering plants, widely distributed throughout the Northern Hemisphere and tropics.

"Common names include impatiens, jewelweeds, and, somewhat ambiguously, "balsams" and "touch-me-nots". As a rule-of-thumb, "jewelweed" is used exclusively for Nearctic species, "balsam" is usually applied to tropical species, and "touch-me-not" is typically used in Europe and North America. Some species commonly planted in horticulture have altogether more fanciful names, such as "Busy Lizzie" (the well-known I. walleriana).

"Some species are annual plants and produce flowers from early summer until the first frost, while perennial species, found in milder climates, can flower all year. Regardless of their lifespan, the largest impatiens grow up to about 2 meters (c. 7 ft) tall, but most are less than half as tall.

"These plants derives their scientific name Impatiens (Latin for "impatient") and the common name "touch-me-not" in reference to their seed capsules. When the capsules mature, they "explode" when touched, sending seeds several meters away. This mechanism is also known as "explosive dehiscence"…" (Wikipedia)

Additional views:
farm3.static.flickr.com/2785/4028430441_b6cddc4b7c_b.jpg
farm4.static.flickr.com/3509/4029193738_b135f76bec_b.jpg

Photographed in my garden in San Francisco, California

madonna – versace
Madonna

Image by sara b. | 2010
here is an exclusive for you, you stylish flickrs.

*spring-summer 2005 Versace’s campaign*

let’s learn all together what a real woman is.

adoring the idol through the centuries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSaFgAwnRSc 2:06 in this video is my favourite Madonna look ever. – by ManilaChinchila (Daniel)

MADONNA – GMTV When Ben met Madonna (First Part) Dec.9 2009 http://bit.ly/eaBWSbby MadonnaStudio (Madonna Studio)

RT @gracedent: Mckeith is exactly what Madonna would look like if Madonna didn't own the magic horse that licks all the old off her every 2 yrs. – by AndrewMacQueen (Andrew MacQueen)

Madonna Trivia!
I have some clothing and it comes in a blue box with the image of Madonna and child on it. I was told it is possibly from the 40′s.

Answer by Kelly W
Well it might not help, but Madonna and her child, lola, have a clothing line called Material Girl at Macy’s It was launched in August. You can find more about it on Macy’s.com

I know this not what your looking for, but it’s the best I can do, sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment